Descendants of William and George Phelps
This page lists a few of the places occupied by early members of the Phelps family of England. George and William Phelps of either Tewkesbury or Somerset, England settled in Dorchester (later Windsor), Massachusetts in the early 1630's.
The Phelps family later moved with their church to a nearby settlement, first called Massaco (later renamed Simsbury).
- Checkley, Tene River, Staffordshire, England
- Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England
- Crewkerne, Somersetshire, England
- Dorchester, (later Windsor) Connecticut, US
- Massacoh, (later Simsbury) Connecticut, US
See the history of the Phelps family for information on some of the more prominent members of the family, or the links at right for other web sites with information.